Thursday, October 13, 2016

So...What have I been doing the last year and a half?




My first blog was in April of 2015, after that I went on a Caribbean cruise with my friend Marti from Albuquerque.
We didn't take many photos but this was one of our favorite days in St. Thomas after scuba diving!


When I got back from the cruise I drove to Redding, California! I met such great people in Redding, and my favorite part was the accessibility of the outdoors! I went to 5 National Parks while in Redding. Crater Lake, Mt. Lassen, Yosemite, Whiskeytown, and the Redwoods, National Parks are my favorite!
Crater Lake Blue is one of my favorite colors!
On Top of Mt. Lassen

Bumpass hot sulphur pools at Mt. Lassen

MY favorite Redding Friend Dana, #morecoolmorecool

Redwoods! Johanna, and our cute German Friends that we met on the trail.

There's a Stout Grove of Redwoods in the NP, donated by my great-great Grandmother!


Yosemite, one of my favorite places on earth!

Tunnel View, with my favorite outdoorsy girls!



Sunset/full moon Kayak, swoon!


Whiskey town has FREE kayaking!


After Redding, I took 3 months off!! I went Elk hunting with my dad, went to Guatemala, and had a fun Christmas with my family in my parents house!
Shortly after Christmas I went to San Diego, California. I looooooved San Diego-so easy to get to the ocean and the mountains!
While I was there I did the 5 peaks challenge in the Mission Trails Regional Park, and hiked as many trails as possible. FYI-when you park in SD you have to "cramp" your wheels toward the curb or else you get a 62$ ticket, I learned this the hard way!
I also visited 3 more National Parks; Point Loma, Death valley, and Joshua Tree!
Potato Chip Rock in SD!

5 Peaks challenge, when you finish you get a pin!

Johanna is my NP buddy, This is at Point Loma with her family.

The view from Point Loma

Death Valley with College friends who live close by.

We went for the "Superbloom" El Nino rain made for a beautiful spring bloom.

Hiking at Joshua Tree. 

First time climbing at Joshua Tree, I had a great teacher!
Joshua Trees, The LDS frontier people thought that these plants looked like Joshua with his hands lifted in praise so they named them Joshua Trees.

Skull rock! The rock formations here were so cool!


After San Diego I went back to Houston and worked in the medical center and lived with my sister.  This semester was my niece's last semester in high school! She graduated from high school,went to prom, and got baptized!!
Prom!

My Niece and Nephew got Baptized! I'm so proud!
Caylei's last game!

Graduation!

Graduation Selfie!




I took the month of July off of work and went to NM to my National Parks buddy Johanna's wedding!
Presbyterian Friends in the wedding party

The girls!

All of the Healthplex PT's!
 Then I went to Idaho to help my Dad work on his Cabin!
Idaho was mostly work, but a little relaxation

Teaching my dad to slackline!

Burgdorf Hotsprings, it was amazing!

Caylei and I's graduation trip to Europe was my favorite part of July! We went to Rome, Naples, Montenegro, Mykonos, Crete, and Athens! I think I'll do a separate post on that trip!

While In Houston, my parents and I met My Aunt, cousin, and their friends from the DC area in BONAIRE to scuba dive!

Waiting to go pick up April at the airport

We all look haggard but I love how happy we all look!

It's not an adventure unless there's a jumping photo!

Our only group photo :(

Me and my sea turtle friend

My dad thinks he's funny-get off my O2 tank man.

My Cousin Cale and I practicing our underwater acrobatics!

My Sister, Mom, and Niece all went to NYC and had a blast watching the Red Sox beat the Yankees in Yankee stadium!
Waiting for the subway!

Times square

We won the lottery to an American in Paris! It was so good!

Cooling off at the game!

I stole this from the yankees Photographer :)
While I was in Houston my work friends and I went on a few trips, one to Austin and one to Fredericksburg! I love my work gals there!
Austin Greenbelt "hiking"

Swimming hole!

A bunch of Therapists in Wine country

Dana made it for the last few wineries!

Once I was done in Houston my friend Tiffany drove back with me and flew back. We went shopping in Santa Fe, Balloon Glow, and hiking!

Balloon glow is amazing!

We tried this at least fifty times, we had to stop I was laughing so hard. 

Thanks for the great picture Tiffany!

This was my last night in Houston with my Favorites!!!

I just love my KK and Carter!



1 comment:

  1. I love your year+ wrap-up. Excellent. It was much more interesting and succinct than my grandmother's three-page single spaced Christmas letters. I am ridiculously thrilled to be your official NP buddy. Also, your hair is looong. Mine is getting long too.

    ReplyDelete