Saturday, December 3, 2016

Enchanted and Blessed

My Favorites
For Becky


My Friend Becky has a phenomenal blog that you can read here: http://www.enchantedandblessed.com For reasons that I can't figure out, she wants to write a blog about my gypsy lifestyle. Becky has been asking what my favorite places are for a while and I'm just now getting to writing them down. She asked what my favorites are, there are just too many! So here goes:

Redwoods, Crater Lake, Whiskey Town, Mt. Lassen, Yosemite.
The National Parks
I have been to a lot of countries and all over the US and the National Parks are still one of my favorite places in the world. Our parks are way underutilized and the foreigners usually outnumber the Americans. I love, love, love our National Park system, in fact I have plans to road trip through Colorado's national parks once I'm done in Steamboat.  Last year I went to Crater Lake, Mt. Lassen, The Redwoods, Yosemite, Death Valley, Joshua Tree, Point Loma, and Whiskey Town. Yosemite is probably my all time favorite but it's so hard to choose!!







Vernal Falls?

I went with a few girls from all over! NM, CA, NY, NM

The view from Glacier point, Half dome 

El Capitan

Where are my favorite international places?

Thailand
ALL of it. The mountains, the beaches, the people. I met some friends there on a whim because my friend Johanna was going and invited me. I loved Thailand and it was so unexpected. It was probably the hardest place to visit because I don't speak the language and Thai people don't speak english like they do in Europe!


Elephant Riding in Chaing Mai

Thailand Group in our ridiculous elephant 

Buying an anklet from a village child, she bought a banana with the money she earned. 

The Beaches were incredible

I could sit here all day. 



Montenegro
This was an unexpected stop on my niece and I's cruise this summer and it was gorgeous!! We were originally supposed to go to Turkey but we couldn't go because of the military coup, I was disappointed until we saw this! We only got a day since it was part of the cruise but I want to go back and explore more!
Caylei ordered an "iced coffee" and it was basically a vanilla ice cream and coffee float, we went back for seconds!

This bay!!😍😍😍

This was an old basilica on a teeny island in the middle of the bay!

This bay was gorgeous!

We didn't do it but there was a church built into the side of this mountain, it looked like an awesome climb!



Eating the best meal of our lives! Our cruise ship in the background. 

We started an "island hopping" series here, this was on that little island from the first pic

Mykonos
A planned stop on our cruise, I couldn't prepare for how pretty it was!!
old windmills


waiting for our lunch

Down town Mykonos

A little lunch visitor

One of my favorite pictures of the trip!


ROME!
One of my favorite cities of ALL time. The food, the sights, the history, the SISTINE CHAPEL, the Italians, ugh... I love it all! I want to live there!
The pizza, to die for.

Trevi Fountain

Tiramisu, this is where I convinced Caylei that Rome was her favorite city too :)

Coliseum

In the Coliseum, tourists cannot be trusted to take a decent photo. 

This door dates back to BC!! We walked on the  same ground as Jesus' disciples!!

The Vatican Museum

Illegal photo of the Sistine Chapel 
ST Peters basilica, Such a humbling experience to think that Peter was Crucified here. 

I took this photo of a Franciscan cross for your Becky! 
New Mexico! Last but not least... the great state of NM. I've traveled near and far and NM is still one of the most beautiful places I've ever been!









1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I'm so thrilled that I get to be a part of your traveling life...to be continued! :D

    ReplyDelete